Standing outside the florist’s shop on a bright sunny afternoon, I embrace myself for the ordeal of picking out flowers yet again. It is our 10-years anniversary and I am determined to make it a memorable day for my wife. This slight inconvenience would be totally worth the look of utter joy on her face when I present her with her favorite flowers, at the surprise party I plan to throw to celebrate a decade of love and happiness with her.
Normally, I would have delayed it until the very last minute as for me this task is tantamount to sheer confusion and bafflement. A great part of this ridiculous paranoia stems from the hustle we faced at the time of our wedding. But today I am not as troubled as I once used to be. Having done this quite a few times before (always with a lot of help), I walk confidently into the shop today and place an order.
According to Greek myth, the most ideal place to get married is in Cyprus, because this is where Aphrodite (the Greek Goddess of love) was born. Taking the wedding vows under a shower of beautiful flowers in a beautiful setting is the idea of a dream wedding for many. If you have your big day coming up and feel your nerves fraught with apprehension, trust me, I know exactly how you feel. Although the choices are enormous and you may feel lost once in a while, following a few simple steps, you can easily overcome this challenge. These are as follows:
- Always remember that when it comes to choosing flowers, there are no right or wrong decisions as everyone has their own taste and preferences. So go for what you like and you are good to go.
- The less is more approach holds true in this case as well. Flowers add a splash of color to the wedding and are like a cherry on top of a cake (in this case, the ornamentation). So keep it simple as excess of everything is bad.
- To get an idea of the trends popular in floral decorations, you can browse through several bridal magazines or even gardening books that focus on flowers. This could be of particular help when you have no idea of what kind of flowers you want.
- Next on the list is selecting the right color for your flowers. This would significantly narrow down your list of options. The color of your flowers should complement the bridal gown, the wedding theme, and the clothing of the rest of the bridal party. The colors selected also give a calm, serene or vibrant feel to the wedding.
- While picking out flowers, also consider the setting of your wedding, be it outdoors or indoors, your flowers should stand out. In an outdoor wedding, avoid using large centerpieces that obstruct the scenic view.
- Another helpful tip is that you should take seasonal variations of flowers in account. Seasonal flowers are cheaper and more easily available as compared to the non-seasonal ones, which are expensive. So it really depends on how much you are willing to spend on floral decorations.
- If you want things to run smoothly, plan out a budget for the decoration and select flowers accordingly; your savings need not take a plunge with you.
- The purpose for which the flowers are selected also helps to refine your available choices. Flowers are required for the bridal bouquet and those of the bridesmaids’, for the church (or other place of marriage), for decorating the bridal arch or arbor and for tables at a sit-down dinner. For an outside wedding, you need a carpet of fresh petals. Flowers are also used to decorate the hall, marquee and the dance area for reception.
- While selecting flowers for the centerpieces, avoid choosing strongly scented flowers. Even though it may sound a romantic idea, it will drive your guests insane if they are prone to allergies.
Finally, selecting a florist for your wedding is of utmost importance. A competent florist could assist you with all the aforementioned hurdles and there is no one better suited for this job than Cosmea Gardens Wedding Flower Service. You can discuss with them your preferences and they will bring your ideas to life. This is where spending a little extra truly pays off. You can therefore sit back and relax, and let Cosmea Gardens Wedding Flower Service take care of the rest.